|Slushy rhubarb punch.|
Slushy Rhubarb Punch (from Food.com)
6 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
7 cups water divided
2 cups sugar
3/4 up orange juice concentrate
3/4 cup lemonade concentrate
2 liters ginger ale or Italian lemon soda
fresh mint for garnish
1. Bring the rhubarb and 4 cups water to boil.
|6 cups of rhubarb.|
|Simmer until rhubarb is soft.|
2. Simmer, uncovered, 5-8 minutes, until rhubarb is soft.
3. Mash rhubarb and press through sieve to remove pulp.
|Press through sieve or strainer to remove pulp.|
5. To rhubarb juice add sugar, 3 cups water, orange juice and lemonade concentrates.
|Ready to freeze.|
6. Freeze until solid, about 4 hours.
7. Thaw about 45 minutes to an hour before serving.
8. Scrap slush off the top as it thaws, place equal amounts of slush and soda in each glass.
|Add slush to glass.|
|Garnish and enjoy.|