|Double-Crust Chicken Pot Pie.|
|Leeks add nice flavor to the pie.|
YIELD: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (I will cut back on flour to 1/4 cup next time).
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods.)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cubed hash browns with onions and peppers
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed (I will use regular pastry next time).
- 1 large egg
2. Roll each pastry sheet into a 12- x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Fit 1 sheet into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate; spoon chicken mixture into pastry. Place remaining pastry sheet over filling in opposite direction of bottom sheet; fold edges under, and press with tines of a fork, sealing to bottom crust. Whisk together egg and 1 Tbsp. water, and brush over top of pie.
3. Bake at 375° on lower oven rack 55 to 60 minutes or until browned. Let stand 15 minutes.