Here's the recipe:
- 1 cup Guinness (dark beer)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup sour cream (I used Greek yogurt because I didn't have sour cream, and I didn't want to go to the grocery store to get any.)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Grease a 9-in. springform pan and line the bottom with parchment
- paper; set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat beer and butter until butter is melted.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in sugar and cocoa until blended.
- Combine the eggs, sour cream and vanilla; whisk into beer mixture.
- Combine flour and baking soda; whisk into beer mixture until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
My cake fell a bit in the center, but it was okay once it was iced.
|Photo from Guinness website.|