|Indian Chicken Curry|
Chicken Curry Recipe (Modified from a recipe I found at Allrecipes.com)
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
|Brown the chicken and set aside.|
2. Reduce heat to medium and cook the onion, garlic, and ginger in the oil until the onion becomes translucent, about 8 minutes.
3. Stir spices and 1 tablespoon of water into the onion mixture. Heat for about 1 minutes while stirring.
|Spices added to the onion mix.|
4. Add the tomatoes and yogurt to the mixture. Return the chicken tenders to the skillet. Add 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil. Turn the chicken to coat with the sauce.
5. Cover the skillet and simmer until the chicken tenders are done, 15 to 20 minutes.
|Add tomatoes, yogurt and cover. Simmer until chicken is done.|
6. Serve over basmati rice.
I found a convenient brand of basmati rice (Veetee Microwaveable Dine In Basmati Rice) at Costco. It is packaged, not frozen, and doesn't have to be refrigerated. It can be stored in the pantry and it cooks in 2 minutes in the microwave. This is convenient to have on hand. And it is quite tasty.
|Microwaveable basmati rice (two servings).|
|Chicken curry with basmati rice.|
|Ready to freeze.|